Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Fall Nature Study

As I have been out of the practice of writing for quite some time, this will be a very short-winded post.

Of late, I find myself with all sorts of thoughts running through my head, but am unable to express them adequately; however, I do wish to try (again) at recording a few thoughts and happenings of our homeschool life on these pages.

For now I hope posting a few pictures will sufficiently express where my words fail me.

And where better to start than Nature Study?

some lichen with tiny inhabitants at the base of an elm tree

moth in our porch

a slug! can you see it? we thought it was a snail looking for a shell until I read that snails are born with shells and slugs are not. The Handbook of Nature Study is a wealth of information.

some amazingly beautiful mushrooms in our yard. and huge! how do we miss these things growing?!?

sketching the mushrooms



No comments: